From: Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: [baselayout2] Who should create /lib/rc/init.d/* ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:59:34
1 > I did the same and I'm still working on it (see my thread; 1.st mail was
2 > on 17.10.2007). Right now I'm working on better mdev control, then I
3 Yeah, I read the thread. Could you perhaps send me the thread in mbox format or
4 something like that, so I can reply to them? I can't cat the message id's from
5 archives.gentoo.org
6
7 > want to create init scripts for certain bb tools like syslogd,
8 > consolefont, etc.
9 I'll probably be walking the same road :-)
10
11 I'm currently working on patch busybox udhcpc to support --env, which seems
12 like the sensible solution to that problem.
13
14 > If you need some input on how to use runlevels from baselayout-2 with
15 > init from bb, I have described my setup in the thread mentioned above.
16 > Otherwise I have an absolute minimal system with only uclibc, busybox
17 > and baselayout-2 (and of course the kernel :-) ), which is altogether
18 > around 3MB.
19 I did the same (only added dropbear) and ended up at around 8MB. Did you
20 disable a lot of busybox options to get so small?
21
22 > Concerning creation of dirs you mentioned. I never had the problem,
23 > using standard runlevel startup (sysinit, boot and default) for booting.
24 Yeah, that's what I see now as well.
25
26 > On the other hand, once I tried to start one script inside of chroot
27 > during building of the rootfs and then I got messages about missing
28 > dirs, too. But since I do not normally start scripts during building,
29 > this is not really a problem for me.
30 It stopped being a problem for me too, but the rc program could be slightly
31 modified to make it a bit more robust. I won't have the time to prepare a
32 patch, though.
33
34 Gr.
35