From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: [baselayout2] Who should create /lib/rc/init.d/* ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:35:59
1 On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 22:57 +0100, Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
2 > I'm currently working on patch busybox udhcpc to support --env, which seems
3 > like the sensible solution to that problem.
4
5 Why not use the patch I made for Gentoo?
6 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/net-misc/udhcp/files/udhcp-0.9.9_pre20041216-env.patch?view=markup
9 > > If you need some input on how to use runlevels from baselayout-2 with
10 > > init from bb, I have described my setup in the thread mentioned above.
11 > > Otherwise I have an absolute minimal system with only uclibc, busybox
12 > > and baselayout-2 (and of course the kernel :-) ), which is altogether
13 > > around 3MB.
14 > I did the same (only added dropbear) and ended up at around 8MB. Did you
15 > disable a lot of busybox options to get so small?
16 >
17 > > Concerning creation of dirs you mentioned. I never had the problem,
18 > > using standard runlevel startup (sysinit, boot and default) for booting.
19 > Yeah, that's what I see now as well.
20 >
21 > > On the other hand, once I tried to start one script inside of chroot
22 > > during building of the rootfs and then I got messages about missing
23 > > dirs, too. But since I do not normally start scripts during building,
24 > > this is not really a problem for me.
25 > It stopped being a problem for me too, but the rc program could be slightly
26 > modified to make it a bit more robust. I won't have the time to prepare a
27 > patch, though.
30 Attached is a patch to correct this. Ugly, but will do for the time
31 being.
32
33 Thanks
34