From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] A newbie question
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:28:45
1 On Feb 26, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:44:01AM -0500, Joshua ChaitinPollak wrote:
4 >> The problem I've run into is that the Gentoo source mirrors age out
5 >> old versions, and I haven't yet setup a local proxy/mirror, so I
6 >> keep losing my frozen sources. I haven't come up with a great
7 >> solution to that.
8 >
9 > With catalyst:
10 >
11 > Maintain a portage tree. Give it a smart nickname and use that as
12 > snapshot in catalyst spec files. Set up a small http server (I like
13 > boa) for the distfiles.
14 >
15 > Done.
16
17 Peter, a naive question: how do you get the distfiles into your
18 webserver? Manually?
19 --
20 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list