From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] A newbie question
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:11:55
1 On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:28:39PM -0500, Joshua ChaitinPollak wrote:
2 > >>The problem I've run into is that the Gentoo source mirrors age
3 > >>out old versions, and I haven't yet setup a local proxy/mirror
4 > >
5 > >With catalyst:
6 > >
7 > >Maintain a portage tree. Give it a smart nickname and use that as
8 > >snapshot in catalyst spec files. Set up a small http server (I
9 > >like boa) for the distfiles.
10 >
11 > Peter, a naive question: how do you get the distfiles into your
12 > webserver? Manually?
13
14 Good question!
15
16 I have boa serve /usr/portage on the system where I run catalyst.
17 That way, catalyst/emerge downloads all distfiles the first time
18 the tbz2:s are built and then I just make sure to not delete.
19
20 If I don't build a tbz2 until after the distfile is removed from
21 mirrors I am in trouble, but then I could probably just as well
22 pull in an updated ebuild from upstream portage.
25 //Peter
26 --
27 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list