From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 flags
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:13:51
1 wireless wrote:
2 > Well, I got a alix.2D3+b board with an onboard Geode LX.
3 >
4 > I intend to set up embedded Gentoo on this system,
5 > eventually.
6
7 If you like you can also look at coreboot, which supports the board.
10 > Here is my proposed make.conf (generic x86) settings:
11 >
12 > CHOST="i586-PC-linux-gnu"
13
14 Note: Make pc lowercase instead.
17 > CFLAGS="-Os -march=i586 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
18 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
19 > USE="-* -nls ncurses ssl crypt berkdb perl pcre \
20 > python readline zlib bzip2 nptl nptlonly syslog "
21 >
22 > Maybe add these flags {fpu vme de pse tsc msr cx8 pge}
23 > or will that be redundant?
24 >
25 > Any refinements or suggestions that will work across
26 > the broad range of x86 machines are most welcome.
27
28 What I do for any build is look carefully at the profile and override
29 any things I don't like in there. It might make sense to just create
30 a new profile.
33 > Your comments and observations are most welcome.
34
35 Not much to comment on for now. I guess you've seen these pages about
36 Gentoo on ALIX:
37
38 http://www.twam.info/tag/alix3d3
39
40 (Note that ALIX.2 and ALIX.3 boards are almost completely identical
41 from a software point of view.)
44 //Peter