From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] I want to give a talk about Gentoo in our local Linux group - slides/format recommendations?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:04:36
1 Previously you wrote:
2
3 > Also make sure to mention the PMS - Package Manager Specification.
4 > It's really outstanding documentation.
5
6 > emerge app-doc/pms or http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/pms.xml
7
8 WOW! This is fantastic. So Paludis is used in embedded Gentoo?
11 What is the explicit listing of the different package
12 management systems? (besides portage and Paludis)
15 I *REALLY like* this document, it instantly organized (for
16 me) what was fragmented details on package management
17 philosophy and detail.
18
19 So there is no differences between a server and an embedded
20 gentoo system, from the perspective of package management?
21
22 No nuances related to architecture of the hardware?
25 James