From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] planning a flash DOM x86 embedded system
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:49:22
1 Hi.
2
3 I am planning to build a system to be deployed in a SATA flash disk, and
4 most of the file system will be read-only. There will be a tempfs on /temp
5 and a read-write partition for /var (perhaps a unionfs with the static part
6 of /var and that read-write partition)
7
8 Is there any resources on how to do this using Gentoo?
9
10 There is already a development system with everything working as expected
11 on the final system. But when I put it to a squashfs, the system boots with
12 several errors, like when trying to write to /etc and /var.
13
14 Looking on the new issue regarding /usr and / being on a different
15 partitions, I have found the file in /etc/initramfs.mounts. I have added
16 the needed fstab entries to be mounted before the system switches to the
17 real-root, (as the comments on top of this file claims) but there are
18 still errors during boot.
19
20 Thanks
21 Francisco