From: Grzegorz Borowiak <gborowiak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] planning a flash DOM x86 embedded system
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 01:46:38
1 Every directory, which needs to be writable and persistent, needs to be
2 mounted as unionfs or AUFS, with one branch in read-only partition, and the
3 second one somewhere in /var. It's good to mount /etc that way and place
4 the factory defaults in the read-only branch of this. An alternative is to
5 allow only several files in /etc to be writable and move them to someplace
6 in /var (e.g. /var/etc) and leave symlinks in /etc (e.g. /etc/resolv.conf
7 -> /var/etc/resolv.conf).