From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ftdi ft232r programming howto
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:36:38
1 andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Harald Schioeberg <schioebe@××××××××××.de> schrieb am 07/04/2006 06:43:42
5 > PM:
9 >>Hash: SHA1
13 >>>I see the ttyUSB0 - device and I tried to work with it, just like
14 >
15 > ttySx.
16 >
17 >>>the strange thing is, that after a very short period, the application
18 >>>running on the embedded board seems to not get any more data from the
19 >>>device.
20 >>
21 >>Totally unrelated to your device, this sounds very much like a serial
22 >>handshake problem, try setting all serial ports to no handshake at all,
23 >>if you haven't done yet.
26 > How do I do that? I am not new to linux, but I did not need this before?
27 > BTW it works with the other serial devices like /dev/ttyS0, ... Only
28 > /dev/ttyUSBx make troubles.
29 > In windows, they reconfigure the virtual com ports. But I just have no
30 > clue, how I can do such a thing in linux...
31
32 ON my gentoo systems (non-embedded) I use 'minicom' to set the
33 handshake, parity and start/stop bits....
34
35 I'm not sure minicom is available or will work in your case, as
36 it is a terminal program and for setting up modem communications.
37
38 hth,
39
40 James