From: takasi-y@××××××××××.jp
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] How to build stages from scratch?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:45:28
1 Hello,
2 I believe here is the good place to ask this...
3
4 Could someone please tell me how to build stages from scratch?
5
6 I mean, I want to have gentoo installed into the new target that does
7 not have binary stage[123] released.
8
9 Precisely, my target is sh3/sh4-nofpu, sh(SuperH) variant which has
10 no floating point arith. I know sh is not really new, but these
11 can not execute current sh (experimental)release, which is sh4 binary.
12
13 In this case, the trouble has come from SuperH's binary
14 (in)compatibility issue (no generic arch, so far ;).
15 But generally, I want to know how gentoo come really from sources.
16
17 Now I'm trying to cross-build stage1 by xmerging each packages on PC.
18 But, It seems that I have to stop xmerging prematually, because there
19 are some packages which are difficult to cross build (like perl).
20 Perhaps, I will continue build natively with the incomplete stage (stage0.5?)
21 on the target, later.
22
23 I wonder if it is right way or not.
24 What it should be? How really were currently released stages built?
25
26 Any comments, and/or pointers to documents are welcome.
27 Thanks in advance.
28 /yoshii
29 --
30 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list