From: Tim Harder <radhermit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OSWALD
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:05:42
1 On 2010-08-02 Mon 20:23, wireless wrote:
2 > Interesting..... The are using a OMAP 3530 (Cortex A8) core
3 > Neon SIMD coprocessor, TMS320C64 DSP and a SGX 530 2d/3d
4 > video chip. with a 3.5 inch resistive touch LCD (QVGA).
5
6 Yeah, the device is sort of like a Beagleboard with a LCD and several
7 more input options. However, there are several other hardware
8 differences such as we don't use the TWL4030 chip that the beagle uses
9 for power management, I2C, etc.
10
11 > Somebody should approach these folks and do some serious 'birds of a
12 > feather' type of sales pitch. It'd sure be very cool to get a big
13 > university hooked on embedded Gentoo, ARM style, methinks.........
14
15 I agree. However, Intel is also a major player at OSU and so they want
16 us to stick an Atom in our next major hardware design. We'll have to see
17 how things turn out for the next hardware rev.
18
19 Also, most of the software repos for the OSWALD are available at [1] if
20 anyone's interested and hasn't found them yet.
21
22 Tim
23
24 [1] https://code.oregonstate.edu/git