From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OSWALD
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 04:06:37
1 > James,
2 > When I google for "OSWALD development kit", and click the first link I
3 > get the following.
4 > https://admtn.ucsadm.oregonstate.edu/ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=369
5 >
6 > The non devkit looks about $100 cheaper.
9 Interesting..... The are using a OMAP 3530 (Cortex A8) core
10 Neon SIMD coprocessor, TMS320C64 DSP and a SGX 530 2d/3d
11 video chip. with a 3.5 inch resistive touch LCD (QVGA).
12
13 Here's a few links... $500 is a bit steep..... but interesting.
14
15 It looks as though they are Porting Gentoo as we speak,
16 in lieu of continuing down the Open Embedded path:
17
18 http://beaversource.oregonstate.edu/projects/cspfl/wiki/CSPFL_Gentoo
21 Hardware
22 http://beaversource.oregonstate.edu/projects/cspfl
25 Somebody should approach these folks and do some serious
26 'birds of a feather' type of sales pitch. It'd sure be
27 very cool to get a big university hooked on embedded Gentoo,
28 ARM style, methinks.........
31 James