From: Dave Bender <codehero@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Emerging into SYSROOT causes packages to install in host system
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:17:28
1 Dear list,
2 I am attempting to cross compile x86 packages on an x86_64 host. In particular,
3 when I attempt to emerge baselayout-2 into my SYSROOT path, emerge wants to
4 emerge baselayout-2 into my host system. PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT is also set to the
5 SYSROOT, so I do not understand why for example, package.mask on my host system
6 is taken into account at all when emerge determines dependencies.
7 I am following the instructions in Chapter 5 of the Embedded Gentoo Handbook
8 to the letter and do not understand why this behaviour is occurring.
9
10 Thanks
11 Dave
14 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list