From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Dave Bender <codehero@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Emerging into SYSROOT causes packages to install in host system
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:45:31
1 On Sunday 27 April 2008, Dave Bender wrote:
2 > I am attempting to cross compile x86 packages on an x86_64 host. In
3 > particular, when I attempt to emerge baselayout-2 into my SYSROOT path,
4 > emerge wants to emerge baselayout-2 into my host system. PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
5 > is also set to the SYSROOT, so I do not understand why for example,
6 > package.mask on my host system is taken into account at all when emerge
7 > determines dependencies.
8 > I am following the instructions in Chapter 5 of the Embedded Gentoo
9 > Handbook to the letter and do not understand why this behaviour is
10 > occurring.
11
12 please post the exact commands as well as resulting output. us guessing at
13 what exactly you're doing simply causes confusion and wastes yours and our
14 time.
15 -mike