From: Christoph Spielmann <spielc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:44:41
1 Hi!
2
3 As the shr-related stuff was done by me, i think i can comment on some
4 things you mentioned!
5
6 On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > Hello,
9 >
10 > Almost there... Working, I have enlightenment running.
11 >
12 > But it looks like the ophonekitd always abending... Something related to
13 > dbus.
16 Sorry but in order to help you solve this problem i need more info. How do
17 you start ophonekitd? What version of frameworkd are you using? Is
18 frameworkd running? Is dbus running? And I need the exact output you get
19 from ophonekitd of course! Another thing you could try: What happens if you
20 disable pin? In my case i had problems with pin enabled but as soon as i
21 removed pin-lock everything worked like a charm. I know this is not a
22 solution for the problem but maybe your problem is connected to this
27 > Also the openmoko-* lacks icons... Is this expected?
30 At the moment... yes. Some shr programs come with their own icons
31 (pyphonelog e.g.) but most programs don't include icons. There is some kind
32 of "icon theme" in shr-git but i don't have time to work on that at the
33 moment as i'm busy finishing my diploma/master thesis. When i finally hand
34 it in, i'll have time for openmoko stuff again and I'll look into it.
39 > I copied frameworkd.conf from SHR distribution.
40 >
41 > Whenever I try to turn on GSM, I am being asking for PIN and then
42 > the ophonekitd abends.
43 >
44 > Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it
45 > work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also
46 > had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we
47 > should consider USE dependency there.
48 >
49 > Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there
50 > anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?
51 >
52 > Thanks!
53 > Alon.
56 Well good luck!