From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc hardened for 2.4 kernel only?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:26:19
1 On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 22:23 +0100, Marcelo Coelho wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to set up a uclibc hardened system and the only profile i
4 > have is for a 2.4 kernel.
5 > There is the hardened sources which is a 2.6
6 > kernel so why there isn't a 2.6 profile?
7
8 unlike the default-linux and standard hardened profiles we felt it
9 unneeded to force a 2.6 sub profile or we did not wish to have to
10 maintain twice as many profiles. Also all the last releases
11 were for all 2.4.x kernels. upgrading to 2.6.x is easy as -pie
12 however.. Just update headers, uclibc, kernel and modules.
13 Then go update everything else where needed.
17 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list