From: Bertrand Jacquin <beber@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Licence compliance - capturing all source files used to make a build?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:08:59
On 02.03.2012 15:35, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote: >> if you capture all of the $PORTDIR/$CATEGORY/$PN/ and $A, then >> there should be no need to manually hook into epatch > > The point of hooking into epatch would be to only have exactly those > patches which get applied. Some ebuilds come with a huge set of > patches, but only few may be applied depending on USE and version. > It's nice to have just the right ones.
epatch is not the only necessary thing, some ebuilds do 'sed -i' on files. I don't really know for autotools files. An extension about Mike mind can be an automagic diff between all SRC_URI freshly src_unpack(ed) and after install+distclean or after src_prepare. Assuming that not any other code is modified during src_(compile|install).