From: "01flipstar@×××.de" <01flipstar@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP status
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:08:16
1 wireless schrieb:
2 > 01flipstar@×××.de wrote:
3 >> wireless schrieb:
4 >>> Natanael Copa wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>>> I remember some discussion on GNAP and the fact that some were
7 >>>>> working on updating it. Does any know the current status
8 >>>>> of the efforts to update GNAP and when possible it might
9 >>>>> be suitable (updated) for use on i586 (K6) based hardware?
10 >>>
11 >>>> You could also have a look at alpine linux, a gentoo based distro aimed
12 >>>> for older PC's.
13 >>>
14 >>> Alpine does look interesting, but, it looks more like a Debian
15 >>> derivative:
16 >>>
17 >>> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Installing_Alpine#Managing_software_packages
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>> Any other gentoo derivatives out there, aimed at older hardware?
22 >>
23 >> Hey,
24 >>
25 >> why not simply role your own?
26 >> I'm running a KVM (qemu) System with all the optimization supported by
27 >> my old like (eeepc) hardware.
28 >>
29 >> - create all the tbz2 you need (on the KVM or real host)
30 >> - run genpkgindex
31 >> - copy all the files to your webserver
32 >> - create a squashfs from your portage tree (<40Mb)
33 >> - boot your old system from cd or usb and extract a stage3 file
34 >> - edit the make.conf and make sure to define PORTAGE_BINHOST
35 >> - define an INSTALL_MASK if you like
36 >> - delete all files in /usr/portage and mount the squashfs porttree
37 >> - finally emerge all the stuff you need (emerge -G bla)
38 >>
39 >> If you are interested in more details Ill write a howto in the next
40 >> few weeks.
41 >>
42 >> --
43 >> flip
46 > Well, I usually like to stay closer to a tree that being maintained.
49 If you like you can rebuild the squashfs-porttree every day and update your system
50
51 emerge --sync && mk_squashfs_tree && emerge -avb system && emerge -avb world && genpkgindex && rsync_tbz2
52
53 :-D
54
55 Ned was explaining how to use qmerge a few weeks ago so this my also be an option.
56 But Im not sure how (well) qmerge can handle deps?!
59 flip
62 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list