From: Arkadi Shishlov <arkadi.shishlov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Looking for low-latency docs
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:37:11
1 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
2 > Dear Arkadi Shishlov,
3 > In message <49D12B4A.6060307@×××××.com> you wrote:
4 >> If you want to get some real job done using free tools, there is excellent RTAI
5 >> Linux - www.rtai.org - available to everyone free of charge. The documentation
6 >
7 > Umm... may I suggest that you update your information?
8 >
9 > RTAI is a dead horse, and has been dead for several years, at least
10 > for all non-x86 systems (and even on x86 there is only a tiny fraction
11 > of the former community left).
12 >
13 > All the rest of the world has moved on and is using Xenomai instead,
14 > see www.xenomai.org
15
16 Well, I shared what I know works for me well.
17 As for being dead horse, world moved on and other claims - I will not flame on
18 this, but your opinion seems to be an over-generalization.
19 Both RTAI and Xenomai are fine pieces of software, there is no need to discredit
20 another project to make your favorite look good.
21 As original poster asked about applied theory, the RTAI site is still good
22 starting point to research for more information.