From: Anders Eriksson <aeriksson@××××××××.fm>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Taking uclibc-only for a spin...
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:23:17
1 Hi there,
2
3 I've used uclibc for quite some time for embedded projects of mine,
4 and begun using gentoo about a year ago. I'd like to take your
5 uclibc-only work for a spin, but have failed at that. Is there a
6 setp-by-step writeup of how to do it? I'm not familiar enough with the
7 gentoo internals (yet) to find it out myself I'm afraid (is there a
8 doc on masking in gentoo somewhere??).
9
10 What I did,
11
12 1) Get and install stage1 tarball intoan empty dir,
13 2) mount -o ro -bind /usr/portage /playground/usr/portage
14 3) chroot /playground /bin/bash
15 4) cd /usr/portage
16 5) scripts/bootstrap.sh
17 6) changed /etc/make.profile to point to ../usr/portage/profiles/uclibc/hardened
18 as a guess having read the REAME in there.
19 7) emerge -pve system (seemed to remove glibc)
20 8) Nothing else happened, and no sightings of uclibc (thought the profile change would bring that in, HOWTO on profiles anywhere?)
21 9) emerge uclibc complains about missing kernel sources (should I have installed stage2? I figured the less stuff in there the less things to fork-lift to uclibc, I guess everthing needs to be recompiled for uclibc)
22
23 Stuck. Should I apply some patches to something? Following the list
24 discussions I figured that you have most of the work-in-progress in
25 the tree and use of ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86" would pull it in, and we/I
26 could report any breakage.... (masking is a bit unchartered territory
27 for me, so there might be aspects of this I dont get yet...)
28
29 I'd be glad to test this if you can provide guidance....
30
31 BR,
32
33 /Anders