From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc configure for ARM ep93xx: --with-float-abi= does not exist
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:56:12
1 Jakub Ladman wrote:
2 > I made a try with gcc-4.3.2 and 4.1.2, but both failed with this
3 > messages:
4 >
5 > collect2: ld terminated with signal 8 [Výjimka matematického
6 > koprocesoru (SIGFPE)] during the last stage - compiling C++
7 > compiler.
8
9 This looks like you are getting an FPU exception on the build system.
10
11 Try installing Gentoo on a few other machines and see if they can
12 build a working crosscompiler for you.
15 Jakub Ladman wrote:
16 > Unfortunately i have big trouble with compilers not comming from
17 > gentoo crossdev, can't switch compilers with gcc-config and i need
18 > this, because i use many types of arm, not only the cirrus logic
19 > one.
20 > (And i do not know how to append independently built compiler to
21 > this gentoo gcc-config system)
22
23 The most beneficial way for the most people would of course be to
24 work on crossdev so that it is able to build all of your required
25 toolchains.
26
27 That said, I don't think gcc-config is so complex, you should be able
28 to reverse engineer it with little to moderate effort.
31 //Peter