From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross-compile and libtool
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:48:38
1 On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > On 12/24/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > a nicer method would probably to add a post-install bashrc hook that
4 > > mungs the installed libtool scripts (*.la) by changing libdir= by
5 > > prefixing $SYSROOT. ive used this in other environments pretty
6 > > successfully.
7 > >
8 > > sed -i -e "/^libdir=/s:=:='$SYSROOT':" $SYSROOT/usr/lib*/*.la
9 >
10 > This is what I've done... As a temporary solution...
11 > But it breaks the chroot environment...
12
13 *shrug* most people do not use the development root as the runtime
14 environment, let alone do building on the embedded machine. so such an issue
15 isnt a big deal.
16
17 > I think better is to fix libtool in elibtoolize, so that it will
18 > append ${ROOT} to the libdir when reading the .la files.
19
20 you mean prepend. feel free to write such a patch. then again, that too is
21 not a solution as $(ROOT) is merely where things get installed ... you cannot
22 assume it is the place to link against things. it is not the sysroot.
23 -mike