From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross-compile and libtool
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:08:31
1 Thanks for the reply!
2
3 On 12/24/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 > a nicer method would probably to add a post-install bashrc hook that mungs the
5 > installed libtool scripts (*.la) by changing libdir= by prefixing $SYSROOT.
6 > ive used this in other environments pretty successfully.
7 >
8 > sed -i -e "/^libdir=/s:=:='$SYSROOT':" $SYSROOT/usr/lib*/*.la
9
10 This is what I've done... As a temporary solution...
11 But it breaks the chroot environment...
12 I think better is to fix libtool in elibtoolize, so that it will
13 append ${ROOT} to the libdir when reading the .la files.
14
15 Best Regards,
16 Alon Bar-Lev.
17 --