From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross-compile and libtool
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:50:12
1 On Friday 23 November 2007, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > I have an issue with libtool and cross compile.
3
4 as much of a tool as Enrico is, he is right that libtool is not currently
5 conducive to cross-compiling. pkg-config seems to be doing a nicer job of
6 exporting dependencies.
7
8 > When merging a library which uses libtool, it creates the .la file
9 > with libdir= variable, usually it will contain /usr/lib.
10
11 libtool is based off of $libdir (which is usually based off of $prefix). it
12 doesnt really have a concept of separating build and run paths.
13
14 > Eventually I ended up with patching every package I use with the
15 > following patch in order to make it work:
16
17 a nicer method would probably to add a post-install bashrc hook that mungs the
18 installed libtool scripts (*.la) by changing libdir= by prefixing $SYSROOT.
19 ive used this in other environments pretty successfully.
20
21 sed -i -e "/^libdir=/s:=:='$SYSROOT':" $SYSROOT/usr/lib*/*.la
22 -mike