From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc ebuild (also cvs)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:21:14
1 On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > > -the socket patch is also needed, else redefines in ssp.c
4 > > __attribute_used__ part of the frandom patch is not needed (defined in
5 > > cdefs.h already)
6 >
7 > this needs to be handled differently ... like i said earlier, ifdef-ing it out
8 > causes build failure in userland apps because that header wasnt included ...
9 > could you post the build failure and how you got it ? (what app, what build
10 > options, etc...)
11
12 Are we speaking here of the socket patch?
13
14 +#ifndef _LIBC
15 #include <asm/socket.h>
16 +#endif
17
18 Than you misunderstand me, the patch is needed to build ssp.c itself
19 part of uClibc (UCLIBC_PROPOLICE enabled) w/o warnings of redefines,
20 nothing else does have problems, the userland apps are not influenced by
21 this patch, because none will/should (hopefully) define _LIBC
22
23 If though we are speaking of the frandom patch, then I do not understand
24 what's not clear.
25
26 > > -ppc is also a pie candidate.
27 >
28 > i tried a buildroot real quick on a ppc and iirc, i had failures in basic apps
29 > just running :)
30 > i'll try to check it out again
31
32 Which gcc? Only gcc-3.4.x would work correctly w/ -pie on ppc.
35 > > -PROPOLICE_BLOCK_SEGV is better for use debug
36 >
37 > i'm wondering if we could also move the PTHREAD debug support to `use debug`
38
39 I am using it like this already ;) (and had it in the originally proposed
40 uclibc ebuild, someone removed it, :-( )
41
42 Peter
45 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
46 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
50 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
51 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
54 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list