From: KiberGus <kibergus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Compiling trivial app
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:20:15
1 2007/12/24, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2 >
3 > On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
4 > > I understand how to use crossdev to generate a toolchain and xmerge to
5 > > then build ebuilds for a target system, but what if I have a simple app
6 > > that is not distributed as an ebuild?
7 >
8 > it's all the same. compare & contrast:
9 >
10 > native: gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
11 > cross: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
12 >
13 > there are no variables to setup. simply execute the proper compiler.
14 > -mike
15 >
16 > I think CC and CXX variables should be set to execute proper compiler.
17 Something like:
18 СС=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc make