From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@×××××××××.ca>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Compiling trivial app
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:40:54
1 On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
2 > I understand how to use crossdev to generate a toolchain and xmerge to
3 > then build ebuilds for a target system, but what if I have a simple app
4 > that is not distributed as an ebuild?
5
6 it's all the same. compare & contrast:
7
8 native: gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
9 cross: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
10
11 there are no variables to setup. simply execute the proper compiler.
12 -mike