From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo-Embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Compiling trivial app
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:50:44
1 I understand how to use crossdev to generate a toolchain and xmerge to
2 then build ebuilds for a target system, but what if I have a simple app
3 that is not distributed as an ebuild?
4
5 What is the proper way to get the project to build for the intended
6 target?
9 Here is the source file, helloworld.c
10 .-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
11 int main ( void ) {
12 return 0;
13 }
14 .-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
17 Here is the makefile:
18 .-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
19 all: helloworld
20
21 helloworld: helloworld.o
25 What variables must I declare to get this to build for my embedded
26 target?
27
28 I tried CHOST, CBUILD, SYSROOT, but they are all designed to
29 inter-operate with Portage, the makefile ends up calling cc, which
30 builds for the host machine, not the target.
31
32 Thanks for any help, sorry for the newb-type question.
36 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list