From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: wireless@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OT: HiTech-C question
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:11:29
1 G'morning everybody,
2
3 Thank you all for your responses. They are appreciated.
4
5 As a few details you don't know...
6
7 I posted to this list because, as a gentoo user and open source
8 developer, I knew it was a good place for information even when the
9 subject is somewhat off-topic and I did tag the subject as "OT".
10
11 At least one of HiTech's C compilers is gcc based. Their 32-bit
12 compiler documentation is a revised version of the gcc documentation.
13 If recollection serves I think I saw a copy of the GPL, though I can't
14 locate it right now.
15
16 Checking on IAR's website, they support some PIC processors, but not
17 the PIC16 processor currently involved.
18
19 James, I'd appreciate your posting your PIC open source references.
20
21 Again, thank you all for sharing your knowledge and expertise.
22
23 Regards,
24
25 David