From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] CellPhone Hacking
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:05:52
1 On May 28, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Hello Ned,
4 >>
5 >> Do you know which cellular carriers offer service, with this phone,
6 >> here in the US? My current provider is Alltel.
7 >
8 > The Wizard is sold by Cingular as the 8125, T-Mobile carries the phone
9 > as the "MDA". Sprint and Verizon carry the phone under another name.
10 > It's also sold rebranded as a Qtek S200. People have reported success
11 > with the Wizard's kernel on the HTC Prophet.
12 >
13 > Newer models use a PXA270 chip at ~400Mhz vs the omap850/200Mhz I'm
14 > using.
15 >
16 > Note. for cellular service we have only been able to successfully make
17 > calls via issuing AT commands to the modem directly. IE.. We can make
18 > calls but have no sound driver yet..
19
20 I've got a T-Mobile Wing, which is the HTC Herald I believe... Is this
21 project compatible?
24 Joshua ChaitinPollak | Software Engineer
25 Kiva Systems, Inc., 225 Wildwood Ave, Woburn, MA 01970