From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross Dev Tricks + Hardened questions
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:15:30
1 2009/12/2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
2
3 > It's much less rigid is the point I guess. catalyst has some behavior
4 > set by python code in /usr/lib and if you change that a lot then
5 > metro might be a lot better I guess.
8 I think a distro-world based build tool shouldn't be "changed a lot" because
9 it must at start simplify everything the base distro can do.
10 Talking about Gentoo, as we can do almost everything, the build tool should
11 just make "doing everything" easier.
12 Moreover, what about taking a tool dedicated to another distro (strongly
13 related in this case, I bet) to work with our distro which already have a
14 tool ?!
15 Wouldn't be more clever to start enhancing catalyst to meet special needs
16 and submit that to devs ?
20 Pierre.
21 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
22 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
23 Bill Watterson