From: Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] Re: genkernel required apps versioning
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:30:38
1 sön 2012-08-12 klockan 21:12 +0200 skrev Sebastian Pipping:
2 > On 07/24/2012 07:59 AM, Peter Hjalmarsson wrote:
3 > > Hello.
4 > >
5 > > Did anyone pick this up?
6 >
7 > Should be done now:
8 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/genkernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=6d35693a8b8c0baa95b20e4b41ef22eb981a5daa
9 >
10 > From my point of view, that's ready to release. Any last-minute concerns?
14 Two concerns.
15 I like your approuch, but:
16 1. Safety. source software.sh directly from the file(s) that sources
17 genkernel.conf
18
19 This way people do not have to come to us to find out what broke when
20 they accidentally removed a line from genkernel.conf. Will even
21 genkernel work without a genkernel.conf with that commit? Yes, it did
22 not before but that is not a reason to not do this right now when we fix
23 it.;)
24
25 2. Documentation. Leave a comment in genkernel.conf that all those
26 things have been moved, and but still can be overridden from there IF
27 needed.
28
29 This way "emerge genkernel && dispatch-conf" will not be THAT confusing
30 when we try to remove half of that files content for people not reading
31 ChangeLog.;)
34 Other than that I like your approach, was thinking of something similar
35 and would probably ACKit right away if it was not for the "surce"ing
36 thing.
39 Kind Regards,
40 Peter