From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I use grSecurity mandatory access control?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 21:44:54
1 On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 00:27 +0300, Alex Efros wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:41:11PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
5 > > I have some "predefined policies" but I haven't ever tested them in a
6 > > pure gentoo environment (I do not use gentoo in "production environment"),
7 > > if you want them as startup and will provide the gentoo counterparts, I
8 > > will send them to you (read the earlier __carefully__, if you are not
9 > > able/not willing to provide them, then it was the last time I am doing
10 > > this, I am not willing to support any of them and do any of the needed
11 > > tests to work in conjunction w/ gentoo)
12 >
13 > Thanks for your offer, but I'm probably not right person for this work.
14 > I'm not experienced enough in security to produce&support such
15 > "predefined" policies for Gentoo users.
16 >
17 > Also, while I'm ready to contribute to community (and do this from time
18 > to time), I've no enough time right now to work on such project. :(
19 >
20 > I've another proposition. Reading this thread confirm what I was right:
21 > there no enough documentation on this topic, and there no person who
22 > ready to produce such documentation right now. So I propose use WIKI
23 > to solve this issue. We can put your "predefined policies" on the wiki
24 > as startup page, without any guaranties, and allow people to edit/add
25 > policies and other related info. If you've no time to put your policies
26 > on the wiki - just post archive in this maillist, and somebody will do it.
27
28 Probably the best place for such a thing would be here.
29 http://www.grsecurity.net/wiki/index.php
32 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
33 Gentoo Linux
36 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list