From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I use grSecurity mandatory access control?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 21:31:12
1 Hi!
2
3 On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:41:11PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
4 > I have some "predefined policies" but I haven't ever tested them in a
5 > pure gentoo environment (I do not use gentoo in "production environment"),
6 > if you want them as startup and will provide the gentoo counterparts, I
7 > will send them to you (read the earlier __carefully__, if you are not
8 > able/not willing to provide them, then it was the last time I am doing
9 > this, I am not willing to support any of them and do any of the needed
10 > tests to work in conjunction w/ gentoo)
11
12 Thanks for your offer, but I'm probably not right person for this work.
13 I'm not experienced enough in security to produce&support such
14 "predefined" policies for Gentoo users.
15
16 Also, while I'm ready to contribute to community (and do this from time
17 to time), I've no enough time right now to work on such project. :(
18
19 I've another proposition. Reading this thread confirm what I was right:
20 there no enough documentation on this topic, and there no person who
21 ready to produce such documentation right now. So I propose use WIKI
22 to solve this issue. We can put your "predefined policies" on the wiki
23 as startup page, without any guaranties, and allow people to edit/add
24 policies and other related info. If you've no time to put your policies
25 on the wiki - just post archive in this maillist, and somebody will do it.
28 WBR, Alex.
29 --
30 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list