From: Asaf Gery <asaf.gery@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux documentation draft
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 03:08:28
1 Thanks Sven,
2 I appreciate your dedication.
3
4 Asaf
5
6 On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 00:32, Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>wrote:
7
8 > Hi everyone,
9 >
10 > I've been working on bringing the SELinux handbook as currently available
11 > on
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml more
13 > up2date. It's somewhat of a rewrite, but with all elements of the original
14 > SELinux handbook still inside it (apart from the troubleshooting as I guess
15 > those are quite outdated, being from 2006 and older).
16 >
17 > The draft is currently available in the hardened-docs.git repository. In
18 >
19 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/hardened-docs.git;a=tree;f=html/selinux;hb=HEAD
20 > you should be able to select individual chapters (HTML format) in the "raw"
21 > tree to view them somewhat like they would on the Gentoo site, but for your
22 > convenience there's also a PDF available at
23 >
24 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/hardened-docs.git;a=tree;f=pdf;hb=HEAD
25 >
26 > The new draft is structed in three parts:
27 >
28 > Part A - Introduction to Gentoo/Hardened SELinux
29 > Chapter 1. Enhancing Linux Security
30 > Chapter 2. SELinux Concepts
31 > Chapter 3. The SELinux (Reference) Policy
32 > Part B - Using Gentoo/Hardened SELinux
33 > Chapter 1. Gentoo SELinux Installation / Conversion
34 > Chapter 2. SELinux Commands
35 > Chapter 3. Running in Permissive Mode
36 > Chapter 4. Switching to Enforcing Mode
37 > Chapter 5. Adding SELinux Policy Modules
38 > Part C - Appendices
39 > Chapter 1. Troubleshooting SELinux
40 > Chapter 2. SELinux Reference Material
41 >
42 > If time permits, part A will have a fourth chapter on virtualization and
43 > SELinux, but I gather that's more for the next update on the documentation.
44 >
45 > The document is currently written with the ebuilds in hardened-development
46 > overlay in mind, so everyone interested in giving Gentoo Hardened with
47 > SELinux a try can use the draft documentation with the
48 > "hardened-development" overlay.
49 >
50 > For the time being the document only supports the type enforcement features
51 > of SELinux. MLS/MCS has not been touched yet.
52 >
53 > Feedback is always welcome, including language mistakes, typos or just
54 > plain
55 > lies.
56 >
57 > Wkr,