From: Daniel Kuehn <enhaisa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: radegand@××.pl
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Assessing the Tux Strength: Part 2 - Into the Kernel
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:58:39
1 On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:43:33 +0100
2 Radoslaw Madej <radegand@××.pl> wrote:
3
4 > Hi Guys,
5 >
6 > For anyone interested, I'd like to announce that the second part of my
7 > comparison between different Linux distros and their security features (which
8 > includes Gentoo Hardened of course! ;) ) can be found here:
9 > http://labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/notices/assessing_the_tux_strength_part_2_into_the_kernel/
10 >
11 > As always - all feedback is appreciated. Also please note that the previous
12 > feedback is not to be forgotten and I shall address these ((-fstack-protector
13 > vs. -fstack-protector-all, cookie strength and prelink) in my fourth post :)
14 >
15 > Also - congrats to Zorry for becoming the new Gentoo Hardened lead and thanks
16 > for all your support! :)
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Radek Madej
22 A very interesting article again my friend :)
23
24 The randomisation bit was particularily interesting because as far as I
25 understand that is one of the better security measures we can use.
26
27 Shame on fedora for only 3-bits randomisation for shared libs :P
30 Mvh
31 Daniel Kuehn, 073-181 577 2
32 Data@UrService
33 Homepage: http://www.dataaturservice.se