From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Kevin <gentoo-hardened@××××××.biz>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Current proposed way of installing gentoo hardened
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:24:32
1 >after untarring the stage1 tarball
2 >(stage1-pentium4-pie-ssp-2004.0.tar.bz2), there is no
3 >directory /mnt/gentoo/selinux to use as a mountpoint for an selinuxfs (as
7 I guess that is because you used the hardened stage 1, not the selinux
8 stage 1 ! I think hardened doesn't need selinux? As in they are not
9 equivalent (part of the same team though)
10
11 >I used these settings (below) for my make.conf before running
12 >bootstrap.sh. Should I redo this step using the settings described in
13 >this thread?
17 If you see the recent threads, Chris PeBenito has kindly written some
18 good advice to me about similar questions. I think the gist is that
19 previously there was a hardened-gcc ebuild which did all this stuff. In
20 the future you will use >= gcc 3.3.3-r3 and USE="hardened" to get the
21 same effect. But right now you need some conbination of gcc and those
22 flags, and perhaps some voodoo to make it all work. I got the
23 impression that the use flag stuff was on it's way though
24
25 Good luck. I'm interested to hear any better answers myself!
26
27 Thanks
28
29 Ed W