From: Karl-Johan Karlsson <creideiki+gentoo-hardened@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] XATTR_PAX, paxmark.sh, elog, icedtea, and maybe more
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:53:38
1 On Fri 19 Dec 2014 18.00.16 James Taylor wrote:
2 > On 2014/12/19 17:08, Karl-Johan Karlsson wrote:
3 > > Unfortunately, the machine is in production, and since it works without
4 > > that option when using the ext4 code to read ext3, I would prefer to
5 > > leave it alone for now.
6 >
7 > Would mount -oremount,user_xattr be an option? Or am I missing the point :)
8
9 The point you are missing is that, as I wrote upthread, I rebooted a week ago
10 to a kernel that runs ext3 mounts through the ext4 code, which does not
11 require this mount option. So since it's now working, and this is a rather
12 critical machine, I'd rather not reboot it again just to check.
15 Karl-Johan Karlsson