From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] XATTR_PAX, paxmark.sh, elog, icedtea, and maybe more
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:39:31
1 On 12/19/14 10:53, Karl-Johan Karlsson wrote:
2 > On Fri 19 Dec 2014 18.00.16 James Taylor wrote:
3 >> On 2014/12/19 17:08, Karl-Johan Karlsson wrote:
4 >>> Unfortunately, the machine is in production, and since it works without
5 >>> that option when using the ext4 code to read ext3, I would prefer to
6 >>> leave it alone for now.
7 >>
8 >> Would mount -oremount,user_xattr be an option? Or am I missing the point :)
9 >
10 > The point you are missing is that, as I wrote upthread, I rebooted a week ago
11 > to a kernel that runs ext3 mounts through the ext4 code, which does not
12 > require this mount option. So since it's now working, and this is a rather
13 > critical machine, I'd rather not reboot it again just to check.
16 Can you please test paxmark.sh from commit 84ca1170 and let me know.
17
18 Thanks for the report but if its not too much of a bother, can you open
19 a bug at bugs.gentoo.org next time because it makes it so much easier to
20 properly track bugs that way. You can always discuss bugs on the list
21 (or anywhere you can catch me like IRC) but having the report in
22 bugs.g.o leave behind a historical memory of what we did.
25 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
26 Chair of Information Technology
27 D'Youville College
28 Buffalo, NY 14201