From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] pidgin & libGL
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:22:46
1 On 16 Feb 2011 at 18:50, Alex Efros wrote:
2
3 > pidgin: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: failed to
4 > map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
5 >
6 > While this can be solved by same `paxctl -m`, I don't like to relax PaX
7 > for pidgin. Instead, I'd like to stop pidgin from using opengl - this
8 > sounds much more reasonable for this application - it never used it
9 > before, and probably don't really need it now.
10 >
11 > Any ideas how to stop pidgin from using libGL or work around this in any
12 > other way without `paxctl -m`?
13
14 what's lddtree say? here libGL is loaded for libgtk-x11-2.0.so (x11-libs/gtk+)
15 which is needed when you have USE=gtk. so you should look at gtk+ and see why
16 it needs libGL (or better, whether it's configurable).