From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy rules principles?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:12:50
1 El 21/01/11 22:55, Sven Vermeulen escribió:
2 > On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 11:06:47AM -0600, Chris Richards wrote:
3 >> On 01/16/2011 09:09 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
4 >>> When writing security policies, it is important to first have a vision on
5 >>> how the security policies should be made. Of course, final vision should be
6 >>> with a systems' security administrator, but a distribution should give a
7 >>> first start for this.
8 > [... What to allow ...]
9 >> My general feeling is that the system should operate FROM THE USER
10 >> PERSPECTIVE the way it always does, i.e. the existence of SELinux should
11 >> be relatively transparent to the user and/or administrator, at least to
12 >> the extent that is practical. There may be some things that you simply
13 >> can't avoid changing, but they should generally be few and far between.
14 > [... What to hide ...]
15 >> My general feeling here is that, again where practical, we should avoid
16 >> cluttering the logs. Logs that are cluttered with noise don't get
17 >> properly evaluated for the truly exceptional conditions that the
18 >> administrator needs to be concerned about. Obviously, there are tools
19 >> that can help with this, but those tools should be used for the purpose
20 >> of helping the administrator organize the information, not prune the
21 >> logs of stuff to ignore. If there's stuff that is going to be routinely
22 >> ignored because it is essentially useless chatter, then it shouldn't be
23 >> there to start with.
24 > Well, I've taken the liberty of writing down a sort-of policy document in
25 > which we can include our development principles and methods. The idea is
26 > that both existing and new developers then know how to "include" their
27 > suggested changes and how to configure/design the added SELinux policy
28 > rules.
29 >
30 > The document: http://goo.gl/2U0Zr
31 >
32 > I've included a few of the items we discussed already, but also added
33 > two others ones (see the "No Role-Specific Domains" and "Only Reference
34 > Policy Suggested Roles" rules).
35 >
36 > It's a *discussion* document, I'm really open to (many) suggestions (and
37 > enhancements ;-
38 Recovering the spirit from the good old times huh? That's good to hear ^_^