From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:20:08
1 On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:37:58PM -0500 or thereabouts, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > This is interesting. At risk of starting YA-Flame-War, I'd (personally)
3 > like to get a base system back end working before we get into pausing
4 > between steps and allowing users to muck around.
5
6 I fully agree with this. Getting at least a proof-of-concept up and
7 running that shows how the process works, even if it doesn't have a full
8 feature set, will be a huge feather in our hat. Right now, we have the
9 "10,000 other failed install projects" monkey on our back and producing
10 something real will help to knock that off as soon as possible.
11
12 I'm a big fan of getting some features in 1.0, other features in 1.1 and
13 still others in 2.0. Trying to do everything in 0.1 is a sure recipe for
14 failure.
15
16 --kurt