From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:20:08
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:37:58PM -0500 or thereabouts, Eric Sammer wrote:
> This is interesting. At risk of starting YA-Flame-War, I'd (personally) > like to get a base system back end working before we get into pausing > between steps and allowing users to muck around.
I fully agree with this. Getting at least a proof-of-concept up and running that shows how the process works, even if it doesn't have a full feature set, will be a huge feather in our hat. Right now, we have the "10,000 other failed install projects" monkey on our back and producing something real will help to knock that off as soon as possible. I'm a big fan of getting some features in 1.0, other features in 1.1 and still others in 2.0. Trying to do everything in 0.1 is a sure recipe for failure. --kurt