From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:43:49
Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> You might want to note that the offer of saving the profile is only reliable > in the case that certain steps have not been performed manually.
This is very true.
> One might > give the option to redo things, or to review parts where some kind of manual > intervention has taken place.
This is interesting. At risk of starting YA-Flame-War, I'd (personally) like to get a base system back end working before we get into pausing between steps and allowing users to muck around. Before everyone floods with "but I want to do some stuff manually," take a deep breath and remember that I said *before* meaning that there's an *after* meaning it is inevitable. ;) Review / redo is something worth exploring. -- Eric Sammer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org