From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:06:35
First off, I would like to apologize to all of you for the contents of
this thread and for being forced to read over this dribble.

Now, for a little nugget of information just for you folks for being so
patient (and to get back on-topic).

I'm currently working on a new version of the Installer LiveCD.  This
one is using a newer snapshot of the Gentoo Linux Installer.  This new
CD has working GRP support, for supported packages.  Currently, the
dialog-based front-end shows which packages are to be built dynamically
by adding a little (GRP).  Essentially, you can pick any of the packages
during the "extra packages" step and have 0 compiling.  Support for this
is coming in the GTK+ front-end, but was not completed in time to go
onto this CD.  I am currently finalizing a few minor bugs with the CD,
which I will announce here once it is complete and on its way out to the
mirrors.

Again, thanks for all of the patience.

--
Chris Gianelloni