From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] [Fwd: [gentoo-managers] development standards for key strategic projects]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:15:21
1 As usual, Daniel has a good many central and relevant points. However, the
2 document as-is, is far too verbose and zynot-specific to be of general
3 use.
4
5 If any of our process guys (pauldv?) would like to condense and clarify
6 the document so that we can use it as a hand-holding reference during the
7 project, that'd be grand.
8
9 If not, I'll see if I can't take drobbins' document as a basis for writing
10 a short skeleton guideline for the installer project, at least.
11
12 Also, if possible, we should add references to relevant literature for the
13 interested party. I've found it both instructive, interesting and
14 entertaining to read the canon on software engineering practices (The
15 Mythical Man Month, some of Grady Booch's stuff, the XP books, etc...)
18 Kind regards,
19
20 Karl T
24 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list