From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:11:33
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:54 +0200, Alan McGinlay wrote:
> As for something with no real use, I always thought it could be nice to > have solitaire or some other simple game on the live CD to keep those > people (sad, lonely people with nothing better to do - not me of > course!) occupied whilst installing :P
The LiveCD has all of gnome-games installed. You can play Gnometris or Nibbles while you wait. ;] As for it being on there for no reason, that's not exactly true. Since gnome-games is part of the gnome meta-ebuild, it needs to be there for the dynamically generated Gnome GRP. Also, this whole conversation probably doesn't belong on this list, but rather gentoo-releng, but nobody seems to be complaining. Besides the Gnome-based LiveCD, there will also be a LiveDVD image with a ton more applications and KDE on it. Until I can convince everyone that we should be using DVD images, it'll have to remain a Bittorrent-only download. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead x86 Architecture Team Games - Developer Gentoo Linux