From: Gerry Smith <smith.gerry@×××××.com>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
Cc: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>, gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Employment
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 09:25:42
1 Hi William,
2
3 Just about to hit the road so just a brief reply,
4 Primarily we're looking for someone who really knows Gentoo and is strong on
5 security who can take on our sys admin needs, and streamline how we do
6 things etc.
7 - we're outgrowing what we've currently got going on. So I appreciate you
8 forwarding my post. If someone's interested in doing this on contract, we'd
9 be interested too.
10 Like I said we use JBoss, so if they had experience of this it would be a
11 plus.
12 I've been meaning to contribute to Gentoo JEE support but I'm just slammed
13 as it is.
14 If we hired someone full time who could take this on it could benefit our
15 company and the community .Alternatively if my time was freed up a bit
16 perhaps I could.
17 We're going to need a JEE developer pretty soon too, at least someone who
18 can understudy what we've got going on so we won't be totally stuck if a key
19 person is indisposed (and we're all long-time skydivers here!), so right now
20 if someone's out there who can do both and is looking for a job it could be
21 a good fit.
22 The best sys admins I know use Gentoo (and turned me onto it some time ago
23 [my own background is JEE dev, electronic engineer before that]), I guess
24 because you have to be prepared to go that extra mile, and I figured this
25 would be a good place to look.
26 I hope that clarifies it a bit. Basically at the stage we're at right now we
27 can juggle things a bit to suit the profile of a good applicant.
28
29 Cheers,
30
31 Gerry