From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Running java-pkg_ensure-no-bundled-jars automatically with JAVA_PKG_STRICT
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:53:23
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Any objections to the attached patch? It will probably find some false
3 > positives but in those cases one can just use JAVA_PKG_STRICT= emerge.
4 >
5 > Regards,
6 > Petteri
7 >
8 > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 >
10 > Index: java-pkg-2.eclass
11 > ===================================================================
12 > RCS file: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/eclass/java-pkg-2.eclass,v
13 > retrieving revision 1.8
14 > diff -u -r1.8 java-pkg-2.eclass
15 > --- java-pkg-2.eclass 18 Dec 2006 10:18:56 -0000 1.8
16 > +++ java-pkg-2.eclass 2 Jan 2007 16:11:41 -0000
17 > @@ -84,6 +84,7 @@
18 > }
19 >
20 > pre_src_compile() {
21 > + is-java-strict && java-pkg_ensure-no-bundled-jars
22 > java-pkg-2_pkg_setup
23 > }
26 I'm not sure if we should add this quite yet. Any idea how many packages
27 this would affect?
28
29 Some problem areas I expect:
30
31 * Some packages are weird, and jar up their sources inside of their
32 upstream distfile, which we then unpack. So, we'd either need to remove
33 those jars after unpacking, or perhaps add some checks to ensure the
34 bundled jars don't contain class files
35 * Some packages have jars for like tests, or examples, or whatnot. Maybe
36 we need a variable to say what jars are ok?
37 * In some cases, we may be only replacing some jars with jar-from... but
38 perhaps not all of them, or maybe they are meant to replace a jar, but
39 the jar changed names, so both the symlink from jar-from and the
40 original are around.
41
42 Whitelisting jars should take care of the first two points, and for the
43 latter, well, I suppose those are the type of things this is intended to
44 catch.
47 Joshua Nichols
48 Gentoo/Java Project Lead
49 --