From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Running java-pkg_ensure-no-bundled-jars automatically with JAVA_PKG_STRICT
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:14:34
1 Petteri Räty kirjoitti:
2 > Joshua Nichols kirjoitti:
3 >> * Some packages are weird, and jar up their sources inside of their
4 >> upstream distfile, which we then unpack. So, we'd either need to remove
5 >> those jars after unpacking, or perhaps add some checks to ensure the
6 >> bundled jars don't contain class files
7 >> * Some packages have jars for like tests, or examples, or whatnot. Maybe
8 >> we need a variable to say what jars are ok?
9 >> * In some cases, we may be only replacing some jars with jar-from... but
10 >> perhaps not all of them, or maybe they are meant to replace a jar, but
11 >> the jar changed names, so both the symlink from jar-from and the
12 >> original are around.
15 > Probably best to go with the attached then.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Petteri
21 Ok. The attached is probably what I am going to commit this week unless
22 someone objects.

warn-about-bundled-jars.patch text/plain
signature.asc application/pgp-signature