From: "Miroslav Šulc" <miroslav.sulc@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo/Java staffing needs
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:46:36
1 Wiktor Wandachowicz napsal(a):
2 > 2006/7/26, Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>:
3 > ...
4 >> So, basically I'm looking for some people to help out with general
5 >> maintence of our packages. I'd expect them to be familiar with Gentoo
6 >> and Java (surprise!). If they are not already, they will need to become
7 >> familiar with the ins and outs of how Java is handled on Gentoo.
8 >> Familiarity with ant, which is used for a large majority of our
9 >> packages, would be very useful.
10 >
11 > Given the fact that I consider current Java handling in Gentoo the best
12 > I've seen around (be that other Linux distros, Solaris and Windows)
13 > I suppose I could help a little too.
14 >
15 > I guess I could try to fix/revbump some ebuilds, like one or two
16 > per weekend, for start. But here I have some important questions:
17 >
18 > * What is the best way to get from bugs.gentoo.org a list of
19 > ebuilds that need to be fixed/revbumped?
20 > Could someone post a link with such a prepared query, maybe?
21 Do you mean this?
22 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/bugs.xml
23 > * When I have, say, fixed an ebuild, what should I do with it?
24 I'm interested in this too. I've updated some ebuilds and was told to
25 send them to the person who has changed it last (it was Joshua who
26 changed them) so I did but nothing happened :-)
27 >
28 > Regards,
29 > Wiktor (SirYes)
30 Miroslav